Special Needs Ministry
What is just as i am?
Just As I Am is our NEW Special Needs Ministry at Life Church! It is open to children of all ages who have developmental or physical disabilities. Any child who meets this criteria can be enrolled.
what do we provide?
Just As I Am exists so that parents and guardians can attend our worship services and be confident that their child is being loved and cared for appropriately. Each child in the program is paired with an aide, or "buddy," and attends an integrated, age-appropriate Sunday school class.
what do we not provide?
Just As I am does not provide:
- Behavioral modification programs
- Medical intervention
what are some diagnoses that are considered "special needs"?
- Cerebral Palsy
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Down's Syndrome
- We feel that children with ADD/ADHD can be served without the need of a "buddy."
how do i enroll my child in just as i am?
- Parents who are interested in Just As I Am must first fill out a registration form.
- Then, you will schedule a brief meeting with Coordinator Nicci Johnson so you can express your child's needs, and we can determine the best placement for him or her. This meeting can take place on a Sunday morning before your child is placed with a buddy, or scheduled ahead of time on a Wednesday evening.
- If Nicci is not available, you may also meet with Christy Morley.
what if i need to miss a sunday service?
Please contact Nicci or your child's "buddy" as soon as you know you will not be attending.
For more information about Just As I Am or to enroll in the program, contact Nicci Johnson at Contact Form Page.