Christmas is a time for giving gifts. Who should get your first gift? At Life Church we believe that our first Christmas gift – our priority gift – should be to Jesus. He is the reason we are giving gifts!
How do we give a gift to Jesus? We do it by giving to others in need. Jesus said in Matthew 25:40, “Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” (NIV) When we give to others, we give to Jesus. So this November and December, we are having our First Gift season at Life Church.
First Gift Christmas Offering Goal: $15,000 (Nov 24-Dec 22)
- $7,500 to Grace Children's Home, India (Going to help provide Christ-centered family-based homes for children who would otherwise find themselves hungry, on the streets, and often forced into human trafficking)
- $7,500 to Agape Pregnancy Resource Center (A local organization that provides resources, hope, and the love of Jesus to women facing unplanned pregnancy)
Everything we receive will go OUT and meet real-world needs!
Make this an act of worship. Gather with your family. Talk about how thankful you are for the gift of Jesus to us. Pray and ask God for guidance in deciding on your gift amount to Jesus and “the least of these.” Then offer your gift in a joyful spirit of worship. Please give your First Gift Offering by Sunday, December 22.
You can give 3 ways:
- Give cash using the First Gift envelopes at the church and drop it in a basket on a Sunday.
- Give a check making it out to “Life Church” and write “First Gift” in the memo line.
- Give online by choosing Missions Funds: First Gift. (If you have never given online to Life Church, you will need to sign up for an account. It is fast and easy!)
At Christmas, we celebrate how God gave his best to us when he sent us his Son. First Gift gives us the wonderful opportunity to give to him!
May you experience the blessing of God this Christmas season as you pray, hear, obey, and give!