We’re Hiring: Worship Pastor
January 1 - December 31
Full-Time/Part-Time Worship Pastor
Life Church, was established in 1997 in the northwest Austin, Texas, suburb of Leander, community. We are seeking a highly motivated Christ follower to help create worship experiences that reach both believers and non-believers with creativity and excellence, both online and in-person. Your leadership, creativity, and collaboration will help remove distractions and create a culture of worship when we gather and scatter with the expectation of God continuing to transform each person as we take our next faith steps.
Our church spent the first 14 years in 5 different locations before God provided our current land where we have built phase 1 and phase 2 buildings (we have 3 phases planned on our 20 acres). Pre-Covid our average attendance was 1,250 and growing. We are slowly increasing back to those attendance numbers.
Although we are looking for a full-time worship pastor, we care more about finding the right fit and will accept full and part-time applicants. We believe in hiring the right person first and then together working with your unique talents, gifts, and time. Our ideal candidate is a leader of leaders and not a one-person band. Our purpose at Life Church is to live a BOLD life in Jesus Christ.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Create a culture of worship on Sunday’s that continues throughout the week.
- Champion worship across the various ministry areas of the church.
- Build worship teams throughout the church (children, preteen, students, worship services).
- Work with our creative team for Big Day Events.
- Lead/shepherd/disciple the vocalists/musicians/technicians.
- Weekly worship planning with the Executive Pastor & Creative Team.
- Lead and empower vocalists/musicians/technicians to give collaborative input to creating each worship experience.
- Share the worship leading role with other vocalists so that a team of worship leaders is created.
- Manage a rotation of vocalists/musicians/tech workers to maintain a full band and team each week.
- Rehearse with the vocalists/musicians/tech workers.
- Recruit, audition, and train a diverse team of vocalists, musicians, and technicians.
- Work with technicians to coordinate sound, music lyrics, video elements, lighting, etc. in order to maintain production value.
- Lead/oversee Student Life worship experiences Wednesday evenings.
- Attend staff meetings and other leadership, coordination, communications, strategic, or training meetings as necessary.
Full Job Description here To apply, send a cover letter, resume (with references), & a video link of the applicant leading worship to: email@example.com.